Saturday 5 November 2016

Quick update

Just a short update!

We have enjoyed the last few weeks here in Uganda, with both Andrew my pastor coming to visit, and then my mother and my auntie coming for a week.

I know my Mum loved every moment with her little grandson, and we spent most of our time together and enjoying taking Ethan out.

Ethan has been enjoying swimming a lot, he loves the water so much. He is very active and is standing by himself now. We have to be careful and make sure certain things are out of his reach. He has broken a glass or two in the last few months.



Agnes and I are off to a full weeks seminar training in mukono tomorrow. We will be staying there for the week, while we learn how to be facilitators of the wise choices for life training seminor.
This looks at healthy families, issues around maternal health, problems encountered with child birth and child rearing etc.
This will be a great training for us, because Agnes and I often joke and say we feel we are becoming community health workers when it comes to women and their babies.

Even a few weeks ago I had a call in the middle of the night for one of our young tailoring girls who gave birth a month ago. She was worried because she thought the baby was sick.
It didn't sound too serious and I was almost ready to go back to bed, but I knew I would feel horrible if something happened.
Farouk and I went and checked the baby on the boda boda, she seemed fine, she had just fed and didn't have a temperate.
But since she was staying in a small room by herself, and she was a bit scared being this is her first child (she is quite young) she came and stayed in our spare room at our house for the rest of the night with the baby .. so she felt like people were close encase something was wrong.
She took the child to the hospital in the morning, and it seemed that the child had septicemia. Which is quite serious. Although the child never had any type of temperature.

We look forward to learning all that we can during this training.

Farouk and I also went for a one day camping trip up to sipi falls. The place is beautiful up there. I have also been enjoying my new DSLR camera as well and have had made a short little clip with it that can be seen here.

https://vimeo.com/189791644

If you could pray for rain in Uganda that would be appreciated as well. We have had one of the worst wet seasons in years, and many people have planted crops only to see them die. Often this is their only food and money source, so people are in very terrible conditions right now.
You can read more about this situation here.
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Millions-of-Ugandans-in-45-districts-starving--says-govt/688334-3440478-8uj0buz/index.html

Thank you again for all of you who support us rather financially or with prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment