Friday 30 August 2013

Touch down

It has been a few days in Uganda already and I'm starting to settle in now. The last two days have been filled with lots of visits to old friends, and receiving lots of love ... not to mention mangoes and sugar cane.
It has been a bit of a strange feeling, knowing that this is not a 3 week mission trip, or even a one year stay .. but I will be starting to set up a life here for at least a few years.
Already I have had meetings with friends, and ideas have started to spin around in my head, there is so much need here, but there is also so much potential for youth work programs. I am very excited to get things rolling soon! I will just need wisdom and discernment in knowing where, and who, to invest time and money into, to see results and lives start being changed.
 
In the end it is God who will do the life changing, I recognise that it is my part to be obedient to the call.

The next few weeks will involve meetings with friends, discussing potential programs to get started .. as well as all the running around with visa's, opening bank accounts and doing all the "practical" administration stuff.

I feel excited .. The youth are very positive about being involved, and I'm sure some great things will begin to happen.


                                            

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Ooee.
    I look forward to seeing what God has in store for you over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you are on the ground and beginning the adventure - praying that God will lead and guide your every step.
    "trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your pathways straight"

    ReplyDelete